Hi all!!! Since here at Design It Chic we're putting our blogs in the check-up spot, today we'll focus our attention over how to make your blog bling through:)
There's a lot of blogs out there that are new to the blogging community, they have great content, yet somehow they don't manage to break through. Well besides a lot of SEO tricks and decluttering tips, blog design and other easy HTML tutorials, there's also this thing called branding your blog.
So today's topic will be just that: how to make your blog stand out!
1. There's many ways you can attract attention, but the best way to do it is "Spiderwebthinking": you need to think in layers strong enough to be able to repeat symmetrically but always be new and sticky. So the first step in being a pro' blogger is to be consistent! If you blog just here and there, that's just fine, but if you really want to step up a notch you need to post at least 3-4 times a week. There are also blogs that post 2-3 times a day, which is good, but if you're just now building up, without the proper SEO customization and good content, there's hardly any point in that. So if you want to have a steady and meaningful growth over the bloggiland, you need to remain consistent!
2. Besides the design elements that make you unique, the next important branding tool for your blog is your voice. There's a lot of good content over the internet, but what draws you to read a certain blog over another? Isn't it the way the content is served back to you? I think so! It doesn't matter whether you're sarcastic and funny, or serious and profound, you gotta find your voice and follow it! Your audience will shortly follow up with you if they feel like you're exposing who you are through your content or the way you flip it back to them.
3. Another great branding stratagem is helping your readers understand abstract concepts! So for instance if working with coupons is what you do since the-bad-haircut-highschool-days, you need to remember there's also Betty-the-geeky-chick who has no clue what CRT or FAR means.(and just for the record i just Googled these terms and seems like they mean..CRT=Cash register tape ; FAR=Free After Rebate... i admit i suck at this:) So next time you're talking about concepts that seem normal to you, make sure you translate those into "regular-language" so everybody can understand:)
4. To push the blog brand even further, create your own new concept and give it a catchy name! For instance if you're a recipe blog, you can come up with the concept of let's say each recipe you try you gotta make it your own by adding at least 3 new ingredients that moves the taste to a whole other level. You can name that "the 3 scoops". Your readership, may get infected with the catchy name and use the term outside your blog, and who knows, you may become contagious:) So next time you're directing a new blogging scene, make sure you stamp that concept with a catchy etiquette.
5. The last but not the least branding secret is to create a unique way of saying old stories new! It's true that there's few things that can be totally new to your readers, so nobody asks you to reinvent the wheel, but can you at least pimp the wheel(i just had a blackout moment with a pimp my bicycle kind of show :P)
I mean, for example, there's many book review blogs out there, but what if one of them would review the book from the main character's point of view? Wouldn't that be interesting?? It would be to me.. and it would more likely make me read that blog over another one:)
Well I guess that's it for today! Hope it helped!
Check back to see what comes up next in Blogger tutorial section, take a look at the SEO department for tips to improve your blog's traffic or join us to learn new HTML tricks and tips every day!