Hi all! Are you ready for a new blog tutorial here at Design It Chic!?! Then let's get started! Without further ado, the topic for today is: how to add an icon before the post title. This will make your blog unique and special and it's not even that hard to do. So let's cut it short and proceed with the tutorial:)
1. First thing, you need to save your current blog's template by signing in your "Dashboard" and then go to "Design" and select the "Edit HTML" tab.
2. After you saved your blog's current template, make sure you check the "Expand Widget Templates" option and look for this piece of code as shown in the picture below, by either scrolling down or simply using the Ctrl + F (for Windows users) or Command + F (for MAC users) combination on your keyboard:
3. Now that you found the code paste this piece of code immediately underneath it:
4. Next step is to replace the "LINK OF YOUR IMAGE" with the actual link of your image. Previous to this step, you should upload your desired picture(size approx. 50px wide and 30px high) on an image hosting website, such as Flickr, ImageShack, TinyPic, etc., from where you can get the link of your image that you need.
5. Once you're done with uploading the picture to the image hosting site and adding the image link inside of the code from step 3, you need to look for this piece of code:
6. Now delete the next two lines underneath this code as shown in the picture below:
7. Last step before saving is previewing your work, and if it looks good then hit "Save Template", and your posts should look something similar to this:
That's it! Hope you guys enjoyed this little tutorial.
And don't forget, if you missed anything here at Design It Chic, you can check the Blog Tips button at the top of the page for more tutorials, tips to improve your blog's traffic and other amazing how to's, all presented on different levels, from beginners to the more advanced ones!
Have a great week everybody!