1. First thing, you need to sign in your blog's "Dashboard" and then go to "Posting" and make sure you're on the "New Post" tab.
2. Now there's two methods you can do the post summaries. If you're using the old editor to write your posts, the only thing you need to do is make sure you're in the "Edit Html" mode and then add this piece of code where you'd like your post summary to stop, like shown above.
<! more >
3. If your using the new editor you need to make sure you're in the "Compose" mode and look for the "Insert Jump Break" button like shown in the picture below.
4. Now hit "Publish Post" when you think you're done and voila! This is how the blog post should show before the jump break:
5. And this is how the post should look after pressing the "Read more" button:
6. Now you can even change the link to say what you want. You can customize the "Read more" button by going to "Design", then on the "Page Elements" tab and then hit the "Edit" button in the "Blog Posts" area.
7. Now a pop up window will appear. On the top right corner of the pop up window you will find a field that says "Read more". That's where you can click and write you own message. Now on top of that field there's also the option where you can choose the number of post you want to display on your main page, so you can take care of that now too.
8. After you're done, you hit "Save" and enjoy the new post summaries you just created. Hope this little tutorial will help you display as many posts as you'd like without actually showing the entire post content on the main page:)
And don't forget, if you missed anything here at Design It Chic, you can check the Blogger tutorial section for more tutorials, the SEO department for more tips to improve your blog's traffic or check out the Unclutter tips column for more tips on making your blog clean and easy to access!
Have a great week everybody!