Today's topic: best 5 SEO tips
We already defined what SEO stands for and what does it mean. Anyway, there are millions of tips on this subject but as always i will focus on some that actually helped me. The most powerful search engine is Google, so everybody wants to be found by it:) Why, you may ask? Because Google drives tons of traffic, and traffic helps the ranking. So here's 5 of the best tips on how to help that happening(and this is what I'm still learning myself):
1. Google's spiders crawl text as we learned previously, but in order to send the spiders on the right path you might as well add flashy signs and millions of party balloons to your text and maybe throw some cake in the mix *spider love cake right?!?:P* so they know:"there it is!! let's get him!!" So the way to do that in terms of HTML script is just as easy as kukabanana: just bold your keywords. Don't overdo that tough, 2-3 times in plenty!
2. Don't link/hyperlink just your homepage. This tells Google that you don't have content worthy of being viewed if you link only to your homepage. You need to link to different links from previous posts you did or other pages of your site/blog. This is called deep linking.
3. Become a guest blogger to other big blogs on a HOT & RELEVANT niche! Then you will have another link that you can refer(link) to, that is not even located on your site, and that stays there forever! This tells Google that you are that good that you spread your wings over more networks:) But be careful to be relevant & hot! That is if your blog is about cartoons you don't guest blogging over a site that is in the microwave business.. it doesn't fit.. so move on Scooby Doo:P
4. Go social! Social media is the cherry on the cake. This is a great way to promote! Facebook, Twitter, My Space, Flicker are just a few, but also, going into forums, networks etc., will place you in a more targeted field. And this leads to #5..
5. Find your niche! Actually this should be one of the first things you need to define before even thinking of raising your visibility on webs. You can't go to advertise yourself if you don't know what you advertise, who you are and what is your primary thing you offer to people coming to your site/blog. So sit, think, decide and keep the goal clear and simple. Once you defined your niche you know where to go advertise, where to try guest blogging, where to go socialize and more.
If you want to know more on this subject you can find other SEO tips here, or if you need help tweaking your blog you can find that under Blogger tutorials, right at the top of the page. :)
First, here's the winner of juliethefish designs' $35 gift certificate from last week:
Congrats girl!! Julie will be in contact with you soon. So check your email;)