Open link in new tab -HTML tutorial



Hi all! New week starting off great so today we're teaching another one of our easy HTML tutorials! We've received lots of emails asking how you can make your pictures, previous posts or other friend's sites to open in a new tab instead of switching back and forth using the browser buttons.
So naturally, our topic for today is exactly that: how to make a link open in a new tab.


First thing you need to transform the external sites or previous posts into hyperlinks. If you don't know how to do that, you can find how to create hyperlinks right here. The pictures will work just fine as they are, but the other friend's sites or previous posts of yours, you'll need to transform them into links first.

Once you have that done, everything is simple: you just need to add this piece of code into the mix:


Now i will show you where to add it in each case, for both pictures or other hyperlinks.

To make the pictures open in a different tab, you need to add that code right here:

To make other links open in a different tab, you need to add that code right here:

Here is one example for both, picture and link so you can see what I'm talking about:

And here are our good friends at: Flowerz In Her Hair!

See, they both open in different tabs rather than just having you go back and forth with the browser tools. Easy-peasy, right?! Now just try it out and play with it and you'll see how easy this actually is! That's it for today! Hope it helped!!

Check back to see what comes up next in Blogger tutorial section, SEO tips department or how we teach new HTML tricks and tips every day!



Oh and the winner from the Munchkin Designs trick or treat tote giveaway is:
Karen(SCMOMOF2BOYS) @ The Mommy Times!!!! Congratulations!!!


35 comments:

Unknown said...

Very helpful! Thank you much. New follower from Making friends Monday.
~K
bigklittlea.blogspot.com

Tina said...

Hi there! I just stumbled by your blog for the monday memes, and I just had to leave a comment saying that wow - your blog is wonderful! You have great content (from what I can see with your posts) and your design is beautiful.

Thank you for bringing a smile to my day, and I'm definitely following you for more.

Best wishes,
♥▬▬▬๑۩Tina @ Book Couture۩๑▬▬▬♥

Diana Mieczan said...

Great post and congrats to the lucky winner:) Happy Monday,sweetie

Jessica said...

Thanks! I've been wanting to know how to do that for a long time!

Joseph's Grainery Recipes said...

Thank you so much! I'd been wondering how to do that. You're awesome.

Unknown said...

Thanks for following, I have returned the favor. Have a great day!

Sarah said...

Thanks for following. Following back!

Olenka said...

Thanks so much for following me and commenting!! I love the cuteness of your blog and will definitely visits the tips you mentioned! Thank you again!!

Teresa Choplin @ tchoplin2009(at)gmail(dot)com said...

I'm here from the Making Friends Monday Blog-hop, thanks for following me, I'm following back. I love your tutorials...since I'm new to all of this, it helps. Thanks again, I look forward to reading and learning more from you.
Non-Typical Mom http://nontypicalmom.blogspot.com I am new to this so please be patient with me, thanks, have a great Monday.

BabaMoon Baby Knits said...

thanks for following me!
i am already following you :) please stop by my blog for future features :)

Moonangelnay Handmade Blog

Best wishes!

Nay x

RE - Pod313 Tech Tips said...

Hey Sweets, I got your follow and your gracious comment today on TheSuss and of course I'm gonna be in that Friday Blog Hop This Week Girlllllllllll !!!
and you know ittttt. see you soon,

Please be sure to stop by my main blog where we're building our rep at
Pod313 Tech Tips
we could use your tutorials in our blog, so let us know if you'd like to partner on some posts. we're all in cause we looooove html4.

jen said...

Great tips, as always.

Thanks for swinging by my blog last week....

The SurvivalMama
http://TheSurvivalMama.blogspot.com
@TheSurvivalMama

Elisha said...

Following you back from "MFM" - love the blog, thanks for poping by.
XO
C

Jennifer @ Just Peachy in Dixie said...

Thanks for following my blog! I can't wait to learn more from yours. :)
Jennifer @ www.justpeachyindixie.blogspot.com

Scented Leaf said...

Thanks for the tip. I needed it and I will try it soon!

Pink Rose said...

Thanks for the follow. Great blog you have. I will def be back to check out your advice!

Angel

http://ablogail2.blogspot.com

LP said...

thanks for following... i am returning the favor!

Emma's Lunch said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! returning the love

Anonymous said...

Following you back! I can already see I'm going to learn a ton here! LOL! Thanks for stopping by!

Cari said...

Thanks for linking up to the Train!

Have a great day!

I already follow you :)

Cari from This Little Family

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness! I have so much to learn from you! I have bookmarked your blog and am your newest follower. Thanks for sharing your wonderful knowledge!

Alison @ Welcome Sunshine Home said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting me and for sharing these great tips! I'm already following you.

Enjoy the week! :)
Alison
http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/

MaryRC said...

great tips

Amy said...

Returning your follow, thanks!

Amy @ Missional Mama

Shannon said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

I am now your Newest Follower from FMBT

Tatom

www.crazymademedoit.com

Carmen's Texas Life said...

Following back from the blog hop! Thanks for checking out my site!
-Carmen

Anonymous said...

I'm following via Follow me back tuesday- http://bookreviewsandotherstuff.blogspot.com/

Corporate Logo Design said...

Thanks for share this informative post about it . i like this post.
keep it up and thanks for share this.

Tina said...

thanks for the tutorial...found you via follow me back tuesday and now a follower...hope to see you again soon.

xo
tina
mommy scraps alot

Fiona Designs said...

Thank you so much for the follow - I am happily already a follower of your blog!

Thanks again for stopping by!

Fiona
http://fionadesigns.blogspot.com

Crayon Couture said...

Thanks for following! What a great tutorial, thanks for sharing! I am following you back!
http://www.crayoncouture.blogspot.com/

daffy said...

thanks for visiting my blog. the tutorial is great and very useful. Will come back again.

JC's Loft said...

Thanks for the blog love! OMG I love all of the things you have on here...I'm going to learn a lot : )

Teresa Choplin @ tchoplin2009(at)gmail(dot)com said...

I love your blog, you have been chosen for an award on my page, please give me a moment to finish, cause I'm still picking people to receive it. I'm your newest follower.
Tchoplin2009@gmail.com
http://www.nontypicalmom.com/

Dana said...

What great info you have here!! I just found you through a google search. Is there anyway to add some type of code that will make all external links open in a new tab??
Thanks!!
Dana