New week's starting, so we'll hop on the horses and start riding, and what better way of doing that than cleaning a bit our blog. Yup that's right, today we'll look into few ways of helping your blog look cleaner. ok... here it goes
1. Remove links of what versions of Blogger, Wordpress, Typepad, you are using. They just take up your footer space and there is no useful information for your readers in it.
2. Remove contact forms! They are not really useful, as they prevent readers sending you attachments plus they might be used as spam tools as well. If there are companies or persons interested in contacting you, a simple text or image button of your email address is enough!
3. Don't display your email address other places than where it makes total sense: like on advertising-related pages, or if you are a shop, on customer-service-related pages. There's no reason to place it among other email addresses or in the middle of the clutter. Be smart!
4. Remove or at least make a special page for Alexa, Technorati and other ranking widgets.. no one cares.. and in case someone is interested in that, you can make a special page called "Media Kit" or "Advertising" where you can release your ranking stats and other marketing tools for people or businesses that are interested to be working with you. Or you can simply use Blogger's new Stats tool in the background and you'll get the same information if you need it for marketing purposes.
5. Remove automatic translators... even tough the gesture to make your site available for non-English speakers is nice, the translator widgets are not quite effective, and they just take up your blog space. So just get rid of 'em!
Ok, enough for today's tips to fight blog clutter with Tinkerbell's magic wand:) Make sure you check the other Unclutter tips and don't miss any of 'em!! Also if you need more help tweaking your blog, easy HTML tips, SEO advice and more, you can find all of them right here on our blog!