Unclutter you blog - footer and sidebars

New week's starting, so we'll hop on the horses and start riding, and what better way of doing that than cleaning a bit our blog. Yup that's right, today we'll look into few ways of helping your blog look cleaner. ok... here it goes

1. Remove links of what versions of Blogger, Wordpress, Typepad, you are using. They just take up your footer space and there is no useful information for your readers in it.

2. Remove contact forms! They are not really useful, as they prevent readers sending you attachments plus they might be used as spam tools as well. If there are companies or persons interested in contacting you, a simple text or image button of your email address is enough!

3. Don't display your email address other places than where it makes total sense: like on advertising-related pages, or if you are a shop, on customer-service-related pages. There's no reason to place it among other email addresses or in the middle of the clutter. Be smart!

4. Remove or at least make a special page for Alexa, Technorati and other ranking widgets.. no one cares.. and in case someone is interested in that, you can make a special page called "Media Kit" or "Advertising" where you can release your ranking stats and other marketing tools for people or businesses that are interested to be working with you. Or you can simply use Blogger's new Stats tool in the background and you'll get the same information if you need it for marketing purposes.

5. Remove automatic translators... even tough the gesture to make your site available for non-English speakers is nice, the translator widgets are not quite effective, and they just take up your blog space. So just get rid of 'em!

Ok, enough for today's tips to fight blog clutter with Tinkerbell's magic wand:) Make sure you check the other Unclutter tips and don't miss any of 'em!! Also if you need more help tweaking your blog, easy HTML tips, SEO advice and more, you can find all of them right here on our blog!


34 comments:

Maxabella said...

I love a declutter! Thanks for the tips!

Jaky said...

Wonderful tips. I am so happy you're not just another blog giving useless blog tips. You're straight to the point and precise. Well, keep writing such honest, and to the point articles. Very helpful for starters and blog junkies :)

BECKS said...

Hi,

Beautiful blog!

I'm here from Fancy Meeting You Monday. I'm pleased I don't have any of these bits of clutter on my blog -- feel a bit smug actually. : )

Come check out my blog as well and become a follower if you like: www.becks-carrie.blogspot.com

Cheers,

Becks

Miranda said...

Following you back from Mingle Mondays!

Anonymous said...

Thaks for stopping by and becoming my follower! Love your blog! And this tip...awesome. I know it makes me sound snobbish but nothing distracts me more on a blog that cluttered sidebars.

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

New follower from Mingle Monday! Hop you can stop by and return the follow :)

http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

sheila said...

Great tips! over from Midday, but I visit you anyways, lol.

Liz Mays said...

I popped over from Midday Escapades and these are great tips.

It's easy to look cluttered on a blog!

Jessica said...

Great tips! Thank you!! Following you from Meet Me Monday. Hope you'll stop by soon.

Jess
http://www.mommies2cents.com

Ruth said...

Thanks for following my blog. I'm now following you. Blessings!

Diana Mieczan said...

Love those tips...I am so going to use them:)

Happy Monday:)
Kisses

Ami Allison said...

Thanks so much for stopping by!! I'm returning the favor *winks*

I LOVE the colors in your banner!! I just bought a bag full of left over crepe paper from the GW ( thank you to who ever donated that...I normally throw them away but now I know better) and the colors I've taken out and started making crepe roses for my daughters room are ALL the colors in your banner! How cool is that! :)

Sassy Style Cards said...

Thanks for the decluter :) Thanks for the follow and Im following back. Your blog is so pretty :)

Nichole Carter said...

Thanks for the follow, I am now followign you back! Looks like you will have lots of good info for this newbie blogger!

Nichole @
carterfamilytable.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

New follower from Admirer Monday! I look forward to using some of your tips later on.

http://zanddart.blogspot.com

Jenni @ Sweet Pennies from Heaven said...

Hi...just wanted to stop by and return the favor!! Thanks for stopping by my place and I love your de-clutter post here!! I'm an organizational nut anyway ;)

Less Than Reality said...

These are great tips. I look forward to reading your blog.

Michelle said...

Hi!

I am already a follower but I thought I would drop by to say "hi" and see what tips your are giving today. I am trying to unclutter my blog as well and its a little better but I am still working on it.

Great tips as usual!

PS: I remember giving you a Versatile Blogger award a while back but read that you were not a fan of these? My apologies and I was just trying to show my appreciation for your tips.

- Shelli
www.StyleIngenuity.com
http://EtiquetteEnVogue.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say Hi!.

I should visit your blog more earlier but I not feel well,
Thank you for visit my blog and Thanks for kind comment on my blog.
Hope you have a great day.

http://beonefineday.blogspot.com

Nan
PS. I'm following your blog.

Jessica said...

Great tips! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I was already following you! Love your blog!
-Jessica

Unknown said...

Wonderful tips!

I am following you back. =0)

www.joyfulhousewife.com

Unknown said...

I am your newest follower from Tuesday Tag Along! I am looking forward to trying out some of your tech advice! I am fairly new to blogging, and definitely still learning!

http://kengintoncottage.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Thanks for all the tips..I need all the help I can get!
Thanks for stopping by! I'm now following!

malia said...

what a fab resource + blog! thks for the follow, i'm your newest follower too (-:

Anne said...

following you back...

thanks...

nice blog indeed...

Tisha Matthews said...

Thanks for the info on un-cluttering our blogs. It was very helpful. I'm following you from FMBT

Tisha
http://coachtisha.blogspot.com/

Photography said...

I can't remember where I found you ( blogland is kind of like falling down the rabbit hole Alice did...lol) and if you have come over to visit? But I added your friday blog button to my blog :-)

Photography said...

Ps Thanks so much for the tips very helpful to us newbies!!!

Leslie said...

Your blog is really pretty. Thank you for the tips.

I found you on Follow me Tuesday. I hope your having a great Tuesday!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Thanks for stopping by Viva la Vida.

I'm following back!

(and can't wait for all of these great tips...)

BrendaC said...

I am your newest follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday. You have some great ideas on decluttering. Drop by and check out my blog at
kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com
Have an awesome week!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Thanks for visiting mt blog this past Tuesday Tag-Along & following me. I'm actually following you already :)

Your blog is very helpful!

All best,

Maura
The Moxie Bee
http://www.themoxiebee.com

Self Sagacity said...

Hello there, this is very useful. I've taken some steps to move away from the clutter. You're right no-one cares, perhaps advertisers, but there should be a page for them alone...smart move.

Erin said...

I'm a new follower!

Minx Design